Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pencey summer 2010 + a birthday shoutout

If you asked me what my favorite contemporary clothing line is, I'd easily give you the answer.  And the answer isn't biased because I interned for them this past March, or because it's owned by a family friend, because I can say that I honestly loved the line even before I knew who the owner was.  

Pencey, created by Christina Minasian, was named after one of the boarding schools that Holden Caulfield was kicked out of in the novel The Catcher in the Rye (for the record, it's my all time favorite book).  Anyway, the line features both edgy and more feminine pieces, as well as mixes of the two.  I've already purchased a few of the items from their latest collection, and I thought I'd share the some of the summer 2010 collection in this post.






See the entire collection here.

Also, I want to give a shout-out to my loyal 11th follower, A. Clarkson, whose birthday is today (two days before mine, June 1st!).  And even though he might be the only one reading this post right now, I promised.  I expect a comment back, by the way...

3 comments:

  1. How edgy and feminine these looks are! The makeup is really distracting though. You should have told me that you interned for this designer(?). I would have used my Tim Gunn voice and pretended to know what I was talking about! Thanks for the shout out anyways. This takes the cake by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better recieve a birthday shoutout too!

    ReplyDelete