Tuesday, January 12, 2010

style icon

Style icons influence me in many different ways.  Audrey Hepburn's timeless class and effortless style has shaped the way I aspire to present myself.  Marilyn Monroe's signature bombshell appearance adds to the risk I put in my fashion repertoire.  But one style icon has stuck with me in my everyday dressing experiences.

Sloane Peterson, the character played by actress Mia Sara in the classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off, has honestly given me the utmost of style inspiration.  Her effortless look mixed with the bombshell flair she adds to her style makes her look a mix of every icon.  Her look is composed of the good qualities of the mid-eighties, while keeping a modern flair, something that's hard to do given some of the freak hair styles of the decade.

here are some of my favorite photos


















No comments:

Post a Comment